Saturday, October 11, 2014

the dog

Remember back in June when I wrote about Phinley and Keaton??

Here's a little update...

The dog drives me nuts most days :)  
Actually, that's a lie. He used to drive me nuts, then we got a doggie door and most of his whining to go in and out and in and out and in and out.....was cut by 90%. That dog door was the best idea I've had in a long time! Go me! HA

So most of the time Phinley just wanders in and out, sleeps, eats, and sniffs around the house. There are actually days I forget he's even here, except on Tuesday when I forgot to put the diaper sausage up and got back from a run to find this....
What you can't see in this picture is the poopy diaper destroyed in the closet. 

Ummmm.....bad dog. 

Then he got a belly ache. I wonder why??  
The next day I picked up that poopy diaper when I was picking up Phin's poop. Get it?? And I'm feeling like the word "poop" is kinda taking over this post right now. I know new Moms talk about poop a lot, but we're talking about the dog here. 

ANYWAYS.....

We're still adjusting! I tend to highlight Phinley's naughty moments, because it's semi-funny and ridiculous, but most days he is still my loyal companion :) 

{Even when he eats a bowl of chocolates at my parents house and barfs them up on the carpet. Cough. Gag. Worst smell e.v.e.r.} 

He can most certainly be a pain and I'd be lying if I haven't said to Ryan on more than one occasion "I think we should get rid of the dog!!!" But I know in my heart I'd be so so sad to see Phin go! I know one day he & Keaton will be best friends. 

Even now, Keaton watches Phinley's every move. Phin, I'm happy to say, could care less about Baby K. Phinley might swipe a lick on Keaton's head as he walks by, but overall Phin just leaves him alone!

I think only time will tell really about little dog's existence within our family! He really can't get much lower on the totem pole and once we add another baby Harris or 2 to the mix he might just be in the ground, but I'm sure HE won't love us any less.

Haha - we still love ya little dog ;0) 

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

2 comments:

Bethany said...

It's amazing how quickly and how far a dog can fall down the totem pole once baby arrives:) We had the same thing happen in our home...notice we are 3 (almost 4) kids in and dog-less:) Good thinking on the doggy door!

Darren and Kasie said...

Good decision to keep Phinley. (I so wish we hadn't gotten rid of Sadie after Alayna's surgery.) By the time Keaton is 2 you will be glad you have a well-trained, house-broken dog for him to play with!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...