Tuesday, June 17, 2014

keaton's genetic test results

Last year, I wrote this post about our genetic test results.

It was all so weird to us. It felt like we just kept getting one piece of bad news after another during that time. Although Hereditary Thymine-Uraciluria isn't a genetic disease that automatically means bad news, there are risks and with risks comes worry. I think anyone in our position would fear the worst.

We took those results as a sign {if you will} that we were to stop infertility treatments and pursue adoption... then I got pregnant!

I decided from that first positive pregnancy test I would not let those results steal my joy during the next 9 months and the first few weeks with our baby.

If God blessed us with this pregnancy, then I needed to continue to trust it would all turn out the way He intended. I'll be honest though, Ryan and I had several "what if" conversations during my pregnancy and they were nothing but trouble. I tried not to think about it for the most part and focused on keeping myself healthy....I let God take care of the rest.

A week and a half ago we took Keaton to get blood drawn and tested. The doctor called on Saturday with the results. I was nursing Keaton when Ryan came in the room and said "so...the dr. called." It took me a few minutes to figure out what exactly he was talking about - I didn't think they would call on a Saturday. 

By the time it clicked, Ryan was crying and I thought for sure it was bad news. It took him an eternity 10 seconds to get himself together and tell me Keaton was NOT a dominate carrier!! 

Our sweet pile of chunky love is healthy from the inside out!

I felt joy, relief, and yet again...like we were blessed beyond belief. I know our whole situation was a little unusual - not many couples know their genetic make-up when they get pregnant, but that's how it was for us. 

Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.
Psalm 147:5

We thank God for the blessing of Keaton's life and pray everyday for other couples who are in much worse/tough/stressful/trying situations in regards to growing their family. We know that prayer works wonders!

THANK YOU for your prayer, love, and support over these last few years. This little love bug is especially grateful and brings us boundless joy every.single.day.
  photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

1 comment:

Kelsey Winter said...

Such amazing news! I've been thinking about you and praying for you as you waited for the results. Praise God!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...