Wednesday, August 16, 2017

birthday fun

I love that my birthday is right at the beginning of August! It's a little something to celebrate right at the beginning of the last month of summer. Just a fun day {or week ;0)} to get us through the long hot days of summer.

I spent a few nights that week out with friends and then on my actual birthday I stayed home with 2 of my best guys. 

It might sound cliche, but everything really is better with my boys. We didn't do much that day...just focused on having fun!!
 Keaton totally got that it was my birthday and talked about it all day :) The decorations definitely helped with that! He told me that morning that we were going to wear party hats, eat cake, and open presents...apparently he can't keep a secret! haha 

Ryan came home from work with dinner, balloons, cake, and was wearing a party hat which was fun EXCEPT it scared poor Penn half to death. He cried every time he looked at Ryan. I finally told Ryan to ditch the hat!!

 The boys ate so nicely at dinner, which meant Ryan and I could have a conversation :) That was a little birthday gift right there!

And then of course the cake!
Our family loves ice cream cake! 
 Ryan and the boys gifted me with this new rug for our dining room and I couldn't have been more excited! I mean...I picked it out, shopped around and ordered it, but still :) I just wanted something a little bigger for the space and that had fun colors! This is working perfect.
And if that wasn't enough he surprised me with Felicity in digital! This was, is, and will always be my favorite TV series. I'm re-watching as I type ;0)
Just a great birthday all around!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...