Thursday, February 16, 2017

valentine's day 2017

Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorites :) 

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm a sucker for all things candy, pink, red, hearts, love...you name it. The boys aren't quite old enough to really embrace holidays in full force yet, so I kept things simple this year. 

If you're a boy, I'm not sure what says love more than Monster Jam trucks!!
And balloons that you can use as a weapon ;0)
This little guy was so cute and cuddly in his Valentine's t-shirt :)
 Plus his hair is starting to take on it's own personality again ;0) Penn has been such a snuggle bug recently! I didn't know you could snuggle with a mylar balloon, but you can. haha
I bought this same shirt for Keaton, but of course he wasn't having anything to do with it. 

Me: Keaton it's Valentine's Day! Let's put on your Valentine's Day shirt!
Keaton: NO. THOMAS SHIRT!
Me: Are you sure?? This one is so soft and cozy.
Keaton: NO. I DON'T LIKE THAT SHIRT. NO.

Forcing K to wear certain clothes is just one battle I'm not willing to fight...so Thomas it was and his red "Daniel" sweatshirt and shoes for added V-day red ;0)

I haven't taken the boys out for some fun outings just the 3 of us in a while, so I thought Vday would be the perfect time! First stop...the sweetest place on earth {duh!}. Keaton LOVES chocolate world
It was empty...which made it especially nice for me!
 Sweet brothers :) 
 And then a little snack afterwards! Chocolate, of course. Plus a bagel.


We left CW and headed straight to the library. We haven't been to the library in forever! I picked our books and the boys played :) 
Side note: we're attaching our train tracks to our train table. They loved this things and played with the train set forever. Well...15mins, but it felt like forever!!



Ryan and I exchanged gifts and cards later in the afternoon. He worked that night, so that was the extent of our "celebrations." I've said it before and will continue to say it...there's really nothing more special than just being with my boys. I never imagined myself as a "boy mom" but it really is the best thing. So much more that I could have imagined! 

They have my heart forever.

And, of course, Ryan too ;0) xoxox



 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...