Wednesday, January 11, 2017

moon sand

Tuesday morning the boys and I made a quick {very early} trip to Walmart and were home by 9:15. I don't know about any one else, but mornings around here can feel like forever! Even with an outing it still felt like we had an entire day until lunch and so I thought we'd give moon sand a try.

I used this recipe I found on pinterest: Moon Sand.
{8 cups flour & 1 cup baby oil}

I didn't even click on the link to read more - I just mixed up the flour and baby oil and let the kids play :) 

Here's a fun fact about me: I'm not good at reading directions. I'm a lot better than I used to be, but more times than not I'll just skim or skip over them entirely and try to figure it out. This seemed like a situation where directions were most certainly optional ;0)
 I used this bin to keep it....contained. I knew it would get all over, but we still have enough left in the bin to play with on another cold, wintry day!!
I did put Penn on the counter for a little so he could get the full effect, but he literally just grabbed handfuls and threw it on the ground. So back to the learning tower he went. 
 Monster Mutt wanted in on the action.
 The boys appreciated the mess, but are still too young for making anything with the sand. They just squished it between their fingers and sprinkled it on the floor when they thought I wasn't looking.
 I think I'll double or triple the recipe for next time so there's even more to make a mess have fun with!
  Happy Wednesday :)!!


 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

1 comment:

lharris said...

I think Penn needs his own container of sand a bit lower for him!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...