Tuesday, September 13, 2016

girl's beach trip

A few months back my dear friend Jess and I planned a quick beach trip getaway!! She and I decided each year we'll escape for a night or 2 and have a little girl time. We went to Asbury Beach, NJ and had a wonderful time!
It was the first time either of us had been to Asbury Beach so it was a bit of an adventure and we really didn't know what to expect. It seemed like an older beach town that was being rebuilt and brought back to life, so to speak. It was really neat!

We stayed at The Asbury Hotel and it was so....modern-retro {??} Definitely not your Holiday Inn. I loved it!
We checked in right after lunch and spent the rest of the day on the beach. It was a hot and super sunny day, so around 5 we headed back to the hotel and got cleaned up for dinner. There was a small boardwalk near our hotel, so we just walked down there to find a spot to eat. 

We landed at Pop's Garage...a mexican joint. It was good, but didn't blow me away :) The conversation was definitely better than the food.

This view on the other hand...
It was a beautiful summer night!

We walked around quite a bit more before watching some Olympics and going to bed. We slept in and then went for a run on the boardwalk. Yes! We exercised on our trip! haha I think I was red in the face and sweating for more than an hour after we were back to the hotel, but that didn't stop us from having our coffee.

Moms need coffee :)

Coffee + pool side = perfect for girl talk. 

We were on the road again mid-morning and stopped by Ikea & King of Prussia for some non-essentials on our way home.

It was amazing. I didn't realize how much I needed a night away...until I was away. I missed my little boys like crazy, but definitely came back re-energized and ready for action!

Until next year....

Where should we go??


 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...