Thursday, April 14, 2016

easter 2016

Has it really been 2 weeks since Easter??

This whole Easter at the end of March really threw me for a loop! It just seemed SO early {and cold}!

I tried to squeak in a few Easter activities with Keaton before it was all said and done....and by "few" I mean one. :)

Moving eggs from one bowl to the other with an ice cream scoop.
This lasted about 3 minutes and then he just started dumping them back and forth. Smart boy. The ice cream scoop took twice as long.  
He had fun playing with these eggs for a few weeks and I'm sure I'll still be finding them here and there come summer. Penn and Phinley enjoyed chewing on them :)

Ryan was suppose to work on Easter Sunday, but got off last minute so the four of us attended our home church and then drove straight from there to his parent's house in NJ.

I wanted to get a few pictures of the boys in their Easter outfits, so I tried to take some pics before giving them their baskets. Taking pictures with 2 under 2 is just silly. I can't even begin to tell you what Ryan was doing behind me to get these smiles, but I know I got bonked on the head a few times. 

Totally worth it though :)
L.O.V.E. them :)
Basket...errr...bucket time!!
 K still loves those fish {from Wal-mart!} and check out Penn going for the puffs he won't eat. haha
Happy 1st Easter Penn! I know it's hard to believe!
The boys ate lunch in the church nursery {Ryan and I did drive thru} and then we headed out. We got to Grandma and Pop Pop's house just in time for another big Easter basket!
#spoiled
Keaton immediately started eating.
And then just kept eating.
We kept things pretty low key in the afternoon and then went to Ryan's sister's house for Easter dinner. She hosted a wonderful dinner for 12 {+kids} and put together a little egg hunt!
I hope these little fun activities never get old - I just love them! 
 
Cousin Landon waiting to go in and get those eggs OPEN! Candy!!
The next day Keaton played with his cousins...
Double fisted drinks.... 
Ate lunch and then we headed home.

I started to feel not so great a few hours before we left and then got hit hard with the stomach bug on the way home. It was probably the longest 2.5 hr car ride of my life. It was awful.

We got in the house and I headed straight for the sofa. Ryan just barely got our stuff unpacked and then he got sick. Oh it was bad, but we made it! Keaton might have eaten goldfish, puffs, and applesauce packs for dinner....but we all made it. It took me a few days to recover, but thankfully Ryan bounced back pretty much the next day! I'm not sure what I would have done without him! Moms can't get sick!! 

Definitely not an Easter we'll forget anytime soon, but great just the same ;0)
  photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...