Tuesday, October 6, 2015

rekp fall vacation - part II

Ryan-Erin-Keaton-Penn Vacation continues...

After an awesome visit with my parents, I packed up the boys and drove solo from North Carolina to Atlanta, GA. 

Yep, just over 6 hours in the car with my 2 little guys.

Can I tell you something?? 
I was nervous. 

I've never driven south of Raleigh and had no idea where I was going or what was on the way. I wasn't sure how I was going to juggle stops with 2 littles and felt like it could be a big disaster with lots of crying and all 3 of us having bathroom accidents in the car BUT it went great!!
God was so good {as He always is} and not only filled my heart with peace, but provided rain to sooth the boys to sleep most of the drive, rest stops right off the exits, no blowouts, and only 1 necessary pit stop for me :) 

We arrived late afternoon, got unpacked, let Keaton explore the hotel, and went to dinner. We were excited to see Ryan/Daddy and just tired from sitting in the car all day, so we relaxed before bed.

The next morning we headed to the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca-Cola!!

I heart aquariums, so I was super excited!
Keaton was excited too, but very tired. He missed his morning nap and went through a growth spurt during our trip, so he was just always tired. 
 While other kids were running around and climbing things, K was just resting in his stroller :) 
I pulled him out a few times for some photo opts, but he was happy as a clown fish just riding along.
The World of Coca-Cola was right next to the aquarium, so after lunch we walked over.

{Notice K sucking his thumb - bless his heart & Penn riding along :)}
 And his day is just not complete without a little reading. At least one of us knew our way around the place ;0)
 Without question my favorite part of the cola experience was the tasting roooom!! We filled up on soda and then headed back to the hotel for naps :) 
It had been drizzling alllll day {we had rainy and cloudy weather the whole time - booo}, so after naps we walked over to a Toys R Us and let Keaton pick out a toy {read: we found him one} as something special to play with in the hotel room. We don't normally buy toys on vacation, so this was really a special treat!!

Pizza and baths wrapped up our day :) 

Well, that and a few rides on the elevator....

So the highlight of the trip for Keaton was definitely the elevator. haha We stayed at an Embassy Suites and they have the coolest glass elevators that go up the middle of the lobby...pretty much like a carnival ride. K just stood at the doors and signed "more." He was almost tall enough to reach the buttons, but thank goodness couldn't do it on his own.
I think the continental breakfast was a close 2nd. Bacon, sausage, pancakes, fruit, bagels, yogurt, MTO omelets every morning. Oh my. My little eater liked the sausage best :) ES caters to mostly business men, so we stuck out like a sore thumb and had the place pretty much to ourselves after 8am during the week.

Next up: Donut Dash 5k!


 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...