Thursday, June 4, 2015

recently {and a little of penn's nursery}...

Wow - it's June! Can't believe summer is almost in full swing!

We enjoyed Ryan's time off work for paternity leave most of May :) We ran a lot of errands and tried to get things d.o.n.e. before he was back in full swing at work!

Shortly after we got back from VA, we took a day trip to pick up a new rocker/glider for Keaton's room at Buy Buy Baby and had lunch at Dickey's Barbecue Pit. K-man enjoyed the free ice cream at the end ;0) He ate 2 bites and got brain freeze I think...haha
Look at this little dude! He likes to unload Penn's drawers when I'm nursing him. This was right before he got that bottom drawer cleaned out for me. He's really been into loading and unloading - everything goes in and out. It's so funny to watch him "work" :)
We finally finished up Penn's nursery! Everything is pretty much the same as it was for Keaton, except I tried to change the color scheme a tiny bit. I tried to get rid of the aqua and add more green.
I'm happy with how it turned out, but picking curtains is THE WORST. I had ordered some green ones, but sent them back because I was afraid nothing down the road would match them. I ended up getting plain navy...hopefully they'll match whatever big boy things Penn has in his room one day. I hate to think too far down the road with just curtains, but they are so $$$ I kind of have to!!
 I just love Penn's navy & green rag quilt his Aunt Kasie made him! Even Ryan said "oh it matches his nursery" when I took it out of the box. Yep ;0)

Also...thinking of painting "PENN" green - thoughts!?!
 Aside from doing "chores," we've been having fun as a family of 4 this last month! Keaton has been in his most chipper mood yet! He's so laid back he just goes with the flow and has a good time :)
Trip to the Farmer's Market with my 2 boys. All those toes!!
Just playing with his walker 
 My heart has been so full! The days are busy, but good! I wouldn't have it any other way!

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I think Penn's name would look great in green on the wall!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...