Sunday, February 2, 2014

mudroom redo

In my {humble} opinion, our house really needed a command center. 

It sounds intense, but really, we just needed a central place for collecting/storing the mail & coupons, posting things on a calendar, displaying invitations & important papers, etc. 

We don't have a desk in our kitchen, so it made sense to try and create this in our mudroom. We have lots of space in there and it had recently been just kind of a pain. The bench was directly under the coats and purses and not practical or working for us. Ryan and I were always in each other's way and getting eaten by our jackets when we were getting our shoes on. It just didn't make sense to me. 

So I introduced Ryan to a new concept....

The old {way old...this is a few weeks after we moved in}
The new....
LOVE the finished product :0) Don't you just love when that happens??
Lots of different "stations" for storing & posting information. The mail sorter is from Home Goods and the bulletin board is {kind of} from Hobby Lobby....everything else I had at home.
The message board was on old picture frame that I painted gray and put basic white computer paper behind. I cut the vinyl "God Bless our Home" with my silhoutte cameo :) The "H" was upstairs not being used.
 I made the bulletin board for under $10! I just bought a plain bboard {w/coupon} at Hobby Lobby and 2 boxes of upholstery tacks for $2/piece. The chevron fabric I had left over from a crib skirt I made this summer. I had just enough fabric! Win!

The black shelf was in our coat closet and never got hung up when we moved in...just needed to find the right spot for it I guess :) 
It was a little challenging figuring out just the right spot for everything, but I think we got it worked out. Now all we need to do is put it to use!
 
So grateful to Ryan who hangs....and sometimes re-hangs. Ha!

  photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...