Thursday, January 2, 2014

happy new year

We had a busy Christmas week and very quiet New Year's Eve - perfect in my opinion.

I'm definitely a morning person, so staying up til midnight just doesn't sound like that much fun to me :0) New Year's Eve has always been a little anti-climatic in my opinion, but is fun for a lot of people!!

Ryan and I got home from New Jersey on NYE around 8pm, unpacked, watched the 2nd half of The Hobbit and went to bed! I WAS up at midnight when our neighbors set off fireworks and rang in the New Year with a quick trip to the bathroom {just keeping it real}. 

I also think New Year's Resolutions are a little overrated {don't hate me!}. I'm a big believer in changing something today if you want/need it to change.....why wait? I mean, I get it. But still. 

I do, however, like to set goals and plan the best I can for my future. What happens this upcoming year isn't in my complete control, but having goals and ambitions can definitely foster growth, change, and motivate me to accomplish things that would otherwise be left on the wayside.

Before I talk about those goals....let's take a quick look back!

2013 was a BIG year for us!

We completed 2 IVF treatments, 1 IUI, submitted all materials necessary for adoption, and THEN got pregnant the good ol' natural way. Some {a lot actually} say it was because I didn't have the stress or pressure trying to get pregnant and was relaxed, but I think it was more because God said it was time. If I learned anything in 2013, it's that I put God in a box to often. When getting pregnant didn't work the way we thought it would/should, I said it wasn't going to be so and let it go. I never gave God the chance to work a miracle in His way. 

God can't be confined to a box.

Thank goodness.

Every time Little Man gives me a kick, I'm reminded that what I thought wouldn't be possible for me is happening right now! Our road in 2013 was a full on roller coaster. I feel like a different person; some days I love that person and other days I'm disappointed in her. I know hormones are having a HUGE impact on me right now, but I hope that the desire I have to turn to God and seek Him when I'm "losing it" never changes. The crying outbursts, however, I could do without ;0)

Anyways.....

2014 looks like it's going to be another BIG year!

I just love what the Duggar's say about practice: practice makes progress!

I guess my goals are more hopes of progression than anything...not something I need to perfect or accomplish, just progressively get better at through practice!

1) Rely on God
Becoming a new Mommy sounds exciting, overwhelming, and scary! I hope to rely on God for strength, support, energy, and guidance as my whole entire life changes.

2) Not seek the approval of others so much
I try to make good decisions, but sometimes {a lot of times} I screw up and am afraid people think less of me because of it, which is ridiculous. I'll never please everyone or wear the "right" outfit or make everyone happy or say the right thing all the time and to have that expectation of myself is exhausting. I don't want to be thoughtless, but I also don't want to lose sight of the one whose approval really matters.

We have a lot to look forward to this year and I'm praying that you do too!

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...