Wednesday, December 18, 2013

finding out it's a boy

 We had our anatomy ultrasound and scan a little over 2 weeks ago.

Honestly, it was a nerve wracking day for me. We hope for the best, but you just never know what you're going to see/find.

Thankfully, everything looked great! 
There were 2 very small things that showed up, which could be a sign of Downs Syndrome or Trisomy 18,  but our first trimester screening came back negative for both of these things and there were no other indicators. I'm sure it was just mentioned to cause us worry 0:-) We weren't advised to come back or get another u/s, so it's probably nothing! We know he'll come out just the way God wants him to!
Okay...onto the good stuff....

As soon as the tech put the wand on my stomach and started moving it around I knew...a boy! It was pretty obvious {to me anyways} and kinda right there. HA! 

I was like..."Whoa. Is it a boy????"

And she said..."looks like you're having a boy!"

I was in s.h.o.c.k. I just imagined for weeks the tech would tell us we were having a girl...even though I tried my best to think about it both ways! The tech was going to give me a green light for buying pink and all the sudden I had blue blue blue flash before my eyes and was completely blinded. 

It seriously threw me for a complete loop! I looked over at Ryan who had this silly grin on his face and welled up eyes - he was smitten with his son immediately

And I knew that this was going to be the luckiest little guy and I was going to be the luckiest Mommy, because we both had Ryan. Little man gets a Dad who will show him how to love God, live with integrity, put his family first, and love his Momma with respectful, genuine, God-centered love. 

What more could a girl ask for?

So I cry every time I think about how lucky I am and how I'll be spoiled by my "guys" :0) 

Check out those arms over his face - so precious!
And that squished nose and lips!!
Soccer legs? Running legs? Dancing legs? We shall see!
Such a little miracle!!


 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

1 comment:

Danielle said...

We had those "soft markers" for those things too (though I cannot recall what they are right now) - I was FUH-REAKING out, crying and stuff. And it was nothing! Same thing though...they didn't see any other markers and didn't want us to come back. I was so mad at them for freaking me out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...