Saturday, November 10, 2012

saturday already?

Geesh. What happened to the last 6 days? I feel like I've been in a blogging rut recently. I just don't feel like that much exciting stuff is happening...not that it ever was that exciting, but still! I sit down to put up a post and nothing comes to mind. Nothing. Ha!

Phinley isn't any help either. He's been so good and sleep a lot


Ryan and I are both still getting used to his constantly changing schedule and I've been trying to keep myself busy and mind occupied. I feel like this TTC thing can easily take over my thinking and I know soon it will be taking up a lot of my time, so I just want to stay busy doing other things!

Like Christmas shopping! Almost done :0) Just waiting for a few more ideas from family and I'll be set to go. Feels good to have a majority of my gifts bought and wrapped {don't judge...}.

So we met with the doctor a few weeks ago to talk about our next step. Since I had been on clomid for 6 cycles, we decided it was time to start something new. I'm honestly still in disbelief that it didn't work. I know that something is off, since I ended up on the highest dosage and it didn't work every time. It's just hard to believe that when I feel so good.

I'm taking Letrozole for this month and then going on birth control to get ready for IVF in January. It's good to have made the decision, but I'm still having a hard time with it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. It feels like a pretty big step, but when you have ovulatory dysfunction it's IVF or assisted IUI. I won't go into details, but going with IVF seemed like the right thing for Ryan and I. Even though it's really hard to know what to do.

We know many people are praying for us and we feel those prayers! Or at least I do! I've been feeling so low recently and I don't know if it's because of the medication or just season of life I'm in right now. I remember talking last year right after Christmas with Ryan about how the next year {this coming Christmas} would be totally different because we would have baby. God's plans are different than my own. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's better this way!

Who knows! Maybe I'll get pregnant this month and we won't have to continue with the IVF!! Thankfully, all of the initially testing is over and we can proceed right at the beginning of January. That's a praise!

My family has been so supportive and I'm so grateful for them. I feel like Debby Downer most of the time and that's hard for me. I hate being in a slump!! Hate it! I just keep praying :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Stay tuned for pictures of our new patio and deck...it's getting finished this week!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

You already know I am praying for you. I cannot wait for the day that you are announcing your BFP. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...