Wednesday, October 20, 2010

why did the chicken cross the road?

To come to my house, of course!

The funny thing about grocery shopping in the middle of the afternoon is that everyone else shopping at that time is either over the age of 65 or has children under the age of 6.

Today was my lucky day, because I got the older bunch, which means no crying or whining...just slooooow moving.

I only had a few small things to pick up, but was mainly there for some chicken that I knew was on sale. When I buy chicken, I generally buy 10lbs or more, then clean it, cut it, bag it, and store it in the freezer so we always have it on hand! It's more work, but definitely cheaper!

Anyways, when I was waiting to be waited on at the butcher counter, I had 2 older women come up next to me.

I ordered first - 10lbs please. Then one of the women ordered - 2 chicken breasts please.

Not 2lbs -- 2 breasts!

I thought this was hilarious!

Maybe she doesn't like to freeze meat.
Maybe she only has herself to feed and makes one breast for dinner tonight and one for dinner tomorrow, then comes back for more.
Maybe she is making something special and needed exactly 2 single breasts.

Who knows. All I know is that I felt utterly ridiculous hauling out 10lbs of meat when the sweet other women were only toting 2 breasts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in the same boat as you are with your shopping crowd. Tuesdays are senior discount days so I try to stay away then!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...