Sunday, June 27, 2010

from crap to king

This past week Phinley got a taste of the good life, literally.

We finally switched his dog food! I started him on some cheap of the cheapest stuff, which I'm pretty sure tasted like cardboard. He ate it, but only a little at a time and not very much {at all}. I was so proud of him because I thought he had excellent little doggie self control and only ate when he was hungry.

Well, then we introduced him to the good stuff. Ryan did quick research Friday and ended up picking this stuff for our King Pooch. It cost double, but we figured for how little he ate it wouldn't be a big deal :0)

Ryan just got a small bag because we weren't sure if he was going to like it....we're so nieve.

He LOVED it! We usually keep his food on an extra shelf in our bathroom {yes, that's where he eats}, but Ryan said he was going to nuts trying to get to it, he had to put it on the top shelf in our closet.

He was even picking out the original stuff to get to the new food!

My parents were amazed at how little we ate when we were visiting a couple of weeks ago and told me if he had better food he might eat more....they were right!

He went from getting crap food to king food in one afternoon -- lucky dog!

At this point, I think he had stuffed himself. That's how I usually feel too Phinley, after a big meal!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

You'll notice lots of other improvements when you feed a good quality food too - better skin and coat among other things! This website (www.dogfoodanalysis.com) is a great resource to review foods and explains the ingredients step-by-step with what to look for and what to avoid. It also breaks the foods down by giving it ratings (1 star through 6 stars). I've done A LOT of research on dog food in the past so let me know if you have any questions!

Kelsey Winter said...

We switched to the same brand about a year ago and it's been pretty good for Wrigley. He has some digestive issues and they improved with Nature's Recipe but have gotten much better since I changed to their "easy to digest" formula. I'm glad Phinley likes it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...