Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sisters

I'm thankful for my sisters, Emily and Jennifer.
They are both older (and wiser) than me! As the youngest, God knew I would need some pretty primo examples in my life...

Enter: sisters!

I'm thankful that they are willing to teach me. They've experienced a lot of things before me and because of that, have always been willing to share what they've learned! It's hard to do things for the first time, so when I can go to my sisters and ask them for a "heads up"...they're right there packed full of knowledge and advice! It's made a lot of things easier for me!

I'm thankful that we can have fun together :0)! We are SO much fun! The simple things are fun; like shopping, talking on the phone, talking in the morning during breakfast, watching movies with our pjs on!

Emily and I have fun giving Jenn a big hug sandwich....smiles all around!

I'm thankful that they have taken care of me. I've had some tough times in my personal life and looking back my sisters were both right there by my side. I can't imagine how hard it was for them, and now I'm really starting to realize how strong and supportive they were! I wouldn't have made it without them.

I'm thankful for Jennifer's gentle honesty. She cares, and because she cares she's willing to take the time to let me know the truth, but in a gentle way. I look to her in more ways than she can imagine and am so grateful for her maturity and advice.

She's cared for me since I was a babe :0)

I guess I followed in her footsteps....I graduated from Messiah years later.

I'm thankful for Emily's friendship. She has become one of my best friends. We grew up only 2 years apart, so I share a lot of childhood memories with her. I'm thankful that I had a buddy I could always depend on and who was always a good example. I'm sure it's hard being an older sister, knowing that someone is watching your every move and taking in all that you do. From my prespective, she did it with ease, confidence, and grace.

Soon she's going to be a MOM! One day we're watching movies on the pull out sofa in the basement and the next day celebrating the coming of Baby W! Where does the time go??

I'm thankful for a sister bond that is God-given and unbreakable.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You're so sweet! Love you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...