Sunday, November 22, 2009

Education

I'm thankful for an education.

I'm thankful that my parents encouraged me through my elementary, middle, high, and college years of school -- that's a lot of school! They never pressured me to get straight A's (good thing too, because that wasn't happening), just encouraged me to do my best.

I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to go to a liberal arts college that focused on students holistic growth; educational, spiritual, physical, and emotional.

I'm thankful that I was able to attend Messiah College.


I'm thankful that even when I decided to change my major senior year, they accomodated me and worked out a schedule that allowed me to stay an extra year. Seriously, though, who wouldn't want me around for another whole year!?!? :0)

I'm thankful that even though I don't want to be a full-time teacher anytime soon, I gained many transferable skills that (hopefully) I'll be able to use in my next career!

I'm thankful for the opportunity that many people don't have -- a chance to go to college!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...