Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thank You, Mr. Construction Man

Tomorrow I'm saying good-bye to my glasses forever and saying hello to 20/20 vision! Since I'll be "out of order" most of the day tomorrow...I had a long long list of things to get done today!

On my way to fill up my gas tank, I got a phone call so I decided to park and chat for a bit before filling up and then heading out to get my list DONE! Well, I forgot to turn off my headlights, so when I finished up my convo and tried to start my car it was dead.

The battery died. It died in 35mins!

Naturally, I called Ryan right away. The message I left on his voicemail went something like this, "Umm...my car battery DIED! I can't believe it, I have so much to do today and my car battery is dead and I'm stuck at Sheetz and I don't know what to do and no one is parking beside to jump me and everyone who pulls in looks like a creepy construction or road worker and I don't have any make-up on....who's going to want to help a scary no make-uped young girl fix her car!!! Call me"

So he called and when I said "I just don't know what to do! I could just cry!" he replied with a very calm "well, it's not really anything to cry about."

He's so wise. Instead of crying I poped my hood, pulled out the charging cables, and stood there waiting for someone to offer a jump!

Cue the constuction man! Before I knew it he was pulling up beside me in his monster construction truck asking if I knew his son who went to Messiah College (he saw the sticker in my car)!

God is so good! My car was alive in minutes and I was on my way. I did wonder how I was going to drive around for 20-30mins. to get it really charged up since my tank was on empty -- remember I was in the Sheetz parking lot about to get gas?

Well it did...thanks again God!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You get into the craziest situations. Good luck today! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...