Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ryan & Erin's 4th of July Bash!

A bash might be a bit of an exageration, but Ryan and I had a great fourth!

We had planned to look/pick out carpet for our basement, but to our shock carpet stores are closed on July 4th! What do they think...people are out with their family and friends grilling and playing games in the sun? Common.

So we changed our plans and hit up the batting cages instead. I love going to the batting cages because I actually hit the ball and don't have to move very much :0) We both did slow pitch softball. Ryan had to practice for the Championship Church Softball Game THIS Thursday! And, well, I had to do it because I like to do whatever Ryan does.

I was starving by the time we got home so Ryan turned on the grill and I started prep for our own little personal 4th of July cookout!

Cutting up some honey melon! I also prepped a small watermelon, strawberries, and blueberries! I love fruit!

Chicken and potatoes! Yum!

There's the grill master. Look at that muscle...makes for some easy tater flipping.

In between checking on the chicken Ryan did this. He didn't feel so great. He drank oodles of soda earlier in the day, so we think that might be the reason. As you'll see below, he still managed to eat a whole plate full of food. That's my guy!

Ryan got these flowers for me as a suprise on Friday! Red, white, and blue!

Ryan ate his dinner in a semi-reclined position. I give him an "A" for effort.
We didn't get to pick our carpet, but we still had a fun day together!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like fun! Except for Ryan being sick. Poor guy -- who knew soda could do that to you! Glad you had a fun bash with just the 2 of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...