Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sun, Mr. Golden Sun

I work at a summer recreational day camp where we play in the sun between 5-8hrs a day. At first, when the breeze blew and the temp was rather low it was glorious! I felt so refreshed and like I was maximizing summer for all it was worth.

The last couple of days, however, I feel a little differently. The week usually starts with me rolling up my sleeves, dancing in the sun - like this picture.


But by the end of the week the sun feels a little more like this

and I push kids out of my way for a spot in the shade. I know a nice summer tan takes sacrifice and commitment, but a girl can only take so much.

I broke down and bought some spray on sunblock this weekend. I was tired of feeling greasy and gross throughout my whole day. The perma-sweat I got used to rather quickly, but when I added sunscreen in to that it was a bit much. Like I said, a girl can only take so much.

I gave it a try this morning on my run and it was amazing. I felt a little intoxicated after the first couple of sprays, but once I was covered I didn't feel sticky and slimy. I also could get to my hair part. Last week it was scorched....excuse me for not wanting to spread grease through my hair.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...