Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Ryan and I have both been blessed with sensational parents, but since today is Father's Day - I'm going to give each of them a bit of deserved special attention.

When I was brainstorming some things to write about my Dad, so many wonderful things popped into my head I wasn't sure exactly where to start! He has such a genuine heart. I know that growing up he has always had my mom and sisters best interest at heart and has done what he can to make us happy.

I know I just would not be the person I am today without his guidance and love.

Here are a few snapshots of my Dad doing what he does best....

Walking me down the isle. He was also stellar walking my sisters down the isle and letting us go to be cared for by wonderful men.

Playing games! Dad is always always up for a game....you name it, he'll play it! He also likes to eat dessert while he plays games - or some kind of snack!

Running. He runs every morning!! Crazy. In this picture he is pushing me along during our half-marathon. He has also run the Philadelphia Marathon and is training right now to run between 10-15miles during the marathon I'm running to various spots to cheer me on. What an encourager!!
I can't stop with just my Dad, because last May I got a new father as well, Larry, Ryan's dad!
To be honest, I don't know Larry nearly as much as I know my own father, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming years when I will!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Larry has a gentle heart. He never fails to ask me (not in general, but with a sincere heart) how I'm doing and how things are going in my life. I truly feel that he cares for my well being.
As a pastor, he is naturally good with people. I've seen him interact with numerous individuals and am often impressed by his interest in their lives - whether they are new aquaintances or old friends.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few pictures of Larry :0)

Waiting for dinner on a cruise ship! Larry likes the beach - me too!

Laughing with family!

We were so honored to have Larry officiate our wedding. It was a blessing and very special for both of us! How many people can say they had their Dad marry them!?!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Father's Day! We love you both!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...