Saturday, June 13, 2009

No Problem

I'm back, as promised, from my 12 mile run! It was great! I can't believe how good I felt - even with the hills. Don't get me wrong, I was tired, but not nearly as bad as I thought I would be.

I tried to drink the whole time and stay well hydrated. Ryan and I have been scoping out some hydration packs for my runs this summer. I really do think that when I drink consitently I have more energy and don't burn out as quickly, but who wants to carry a water bottle the whole time. We went to Dicks yesterday and I tried on some Camelbacks, but they are so darn expensive! Any suggestions? I wish I could just try some out!

Anyways....

Here are some things that happened on my run today:

I saw these animals: cows, sheep, dogs, cats, rabbit, road kill (gross!), goats, horses, and birds (duh)

I almost got nailed by a truck driving way to fast on the side of the road. I jumped off into the side/brush area and screamed! I was fine though - he swirved and missed me. Thanks goodness :0)

I saw 8 bike riders and was so jealous when they sped by me and then cruised down the hills.

I ran up ohhh...ummm...let's see....about 15 hills (minmum).

And not one person slowed down, beeped their horn, or screamed something out to me from their car!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...