Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ceiling!

We were so thankful to have Stutz and Nate here yesterday to help put up the drywall ceiling in our basement!

Nate came on Friday night and stayed the whole weekend. Stutz came after work Saturday morning to give a very needed extra hand. We so appreciate their williness to help!

Here are some pictures of the progress they made. I didn't take pictures of the other side...it looks like this, but with more lights. Ryan had a tough time cutting out these lights. Without a hole saw, he had to do it all with a small hand saw. I would have gotten extremely frustrated, but he never ceases to amaze me and just used what he had.

Nice ceiling! Nate is in the background getting another piece ready!

It looks amazing! Stutz and Ryan measuring a new piece to be cut!

Another view of the ceiling.

Stutz holding the wall steady as Ryan breaks off a piece.

My studly husband. He's one of the hardest workers I know.

The lift they used to get the drywall up to the ceiling.

The lift is ready to go!
May I note that all the pieces of drywall in these pictures I carried down to the basement with Ryan. We made a bet several weeks ago and if I won, I got a Wii fit and if he won, then I had to help him carry pieces of drywall to the basement. I'm not sure why you would want that as a prize, but whatever.
Obviously, I lost the bet.
Let's hope he's still willing to get me that Wii fit!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...