Sunday, April 5, 2009

Busy Weekend

Ryan and I finally spent a Saturday that wasn't grocery shopping, cleaning, or working on the basement! He worked a little on the basement, but not the whole day. Just some on Sat. morning and Sunday after church.

I was his assistant this afternoon. I know...so exciting! He made me stand next to him with a long wooden block as he hooked up all the outlet wires to the main electrical box. He turned off the power to the whole house, but just in case he touched or came in contact with the super duper main power wire and started to get electricuted....I was in charge of hitting his arm away/off the wire with the wooden block (so I wouldn't also get electricuted) and then call 911. I stood there for 1 hour. It was f.o.r.e.v.e.r. BUT I love my hubby and was more than happy to be there for him when he needed me the most - wooden block in hand.

Saturday morning I had a very brief interview for a summer day camp counselor postition in the Hershey area. The camp runs through most of the summer and I think will be a good summer job. I wasn't sure what else to do....that wouldn't be horribly boring or require me to work on the weekends and nights. I just keep praying that I will be okay with whatever God has planned for me!

I actually start a new part-time job this Tuesday as a teacher's aide in a first grade classroom. At this time, I don't want to teach full time so I thought this might be a good way to still work with kids, teachers, and be in a school setting. As of right now, I'm only doing it until the end of the school year, so it will be a good test to see if I like it! I do think that God has his hand in this situation...it just all kind of came together so easily. I'm still subbing in the afternoons, which I'm happy about.

Okay, enough about jobs.

Saturday afternoon I got to go to one of my favorite things - a bridal shower! One of my friends, Michelle, and her fiance, Matt (a friend and roomate of Ryan's from college) is getting married in June and her bridal shower was yesterday afternoon. It was at the cutest little pastry/sandwich shop called Sophia's On Market! I had a great time chatting with Kelsey and Devon, both friends from college and watching Michelle get so excited about all of her presents :0) Everyone loves presents!!

Later that night we met up with other friends from college and headed to Duke's for dinner - all 14 of us! It was lots of fun!

Just before we met friends for dinner Ryan and I bought living room furniture!! We finally found pieces that we liked and thought would look good in our space! I know you want to know what it looks like, but you'll have to wait! It's getting delivered in 2 weeks and once it's all set up I'll take some pictures!

OH! I bought some earrings from etsy.com! I decided on this pair....

They were my favorite! I got them on Sat. and they are so cute! I think they will look great with my all black dress. I'll bring a couple of extra pairs just in case, but these have just enough color and are super fun....I think anyways!

My first buying experience with etsy.com was wonderful! I can't wait to buy more :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...