Tuesday, June 27, 2017

heroes for homeland hospice 5k

At the beginning of June {very end of May really}, Ryan and I decided to run a local 5K. I think we talked about running it on a Tuesday and it was that Saturday. We wanted to run a few races this summer...to help us stay up with our running and keep in shape and so we went for it!

The morning of it was rainy and just not that nice outside. We hadn't registered and so we were still on the fence while driving there. I was ready to go, but Ryan wasn't convinced...between the 2 of us he's definitely the fair weather runner ;0) He's also in better shape. 

He ended up pushing the stroller with the boys and rolled in with a time of 23:30!!! I was so impressed! 
He got 3rd in his age group :) Penn helped him get his medal. 
 I finished at 23:01 which was so stinking close to being in the 22s. Uggghhhh. Oh well! I was proud of myself and finished as the 2nd female overall :)

The start and finish of the race was on a big island called City Island. It hosts a baseball field, mini golf, small playground, batting cages, etc...you get the idea AND this awesome little train!! We've never been with the boys before so it was extra exciting when we saw they had the train up and running for the race! After we finished we hopped right on - Keaton was thrilled :)

Penn literally tried to jump off the train the entire time! Haha He's a mess I tell you. 
 Our next race is coming up on July 1!! Another 5k for Ryan and 10k for me...we'll see how that goes ;0)

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...