Wednesday, May 31, 2017

life later - inside edition

So when it's not nice enough to play outside, we either run errands or try to keep sane inside. 

Most days I wake up thinking how nice it would be to lounge around in our jammies and not do much, then 9:30am rolls around and we're all hungry for lunch and getting on each others nerves :) 

It always sounds soooo relaxing in my head. HAHA

So we keep busy :) 

First Target Starbucks cake pop for the win! This was also my sister's birthday - we had a special treat just for her that morning. Happy Belated Birthday Emily! We go to Target a lot!
The boys love to do art work. Color, paint, stickers, stampers...you name it! We don't do it every day and I think that keeps it fresh and fun on the days we do get it all out!  
Some days we'll pick one medium or maybe 2...this day we got it all out!
 Keaton usually sits for 30+ mins working on his pieces and Penn around 15mins! Not bad at all if you ask me!
 We've had a lot of rainy days here and so I decided to try and dye some pasta for a sensory bin. I used THIS website for figuring out how to dye the dry pasta. It worked like a charm!

When I showed the boys the next day, they started playing with it just as I had imagined and I gave myself a big ol' high five and pat on the back for being an awesome Mom.
AND THEN they started to really use their imaginations and it became a big mixture of legos, pasta, animals, magnetic letters, and really any toy Keaton could get his hands on. 
 HAHAHA. I think it was 9:45am by this point and since we weren't going anywhere or really had anything else to do I figured what the heck.We had a nice little lesson on sorting and putting toys away a few hours later. It may or may not have involved some stubborn toddler tears. I gave myself a high five for surviving through that ;0) #winsomelosesome
Our other inside favorites this month have been playing in our new birthday tent!
Watching shows on Mommy and Daddy's bed. Can Penn look more relaxed here??
Playing "go to bed" where Keaton drags a pillow and blanket around and makes himself a little bed to cuddle in {no he's not sleeping here}. This is my favorite game!
 
 Or my other favorite...snuggle with whatever is on the floor.
And before I show you a few other pictures of the boys acting really sweet and innocent we have our fair share of times we "go go" {run around the house} OR I find the boys unloading their entire dresser full of clothes onto the floor OR use the learning tower to turn on the kitchen sink and play in the water OR tantrums {just tantrums} OR I find Penn climbing onto the kitchen table.

This. All. The. Time
Usually I'm too busy during those times to take any pictures though! But believe me, by the end of most days I'm wiped!

Okay back to the times when I feel like I have a few minutes to unload the dishwasher {or lets be real, check instagram ;0) )

Spied these 2 reading a few weeks back...
 Not unusual for Keaton, VERY unusual for Penn. He wants to be just like big brother these days :) I think the next time I looked in Penn was standing on the glider chair playing with the CD player.
And again! No fighting or getting hurt, just playing with new birthday toys!!

 We also love to dance, watch music videos, play "superhero,"eat, sing...really you name it and we've probably tried it :) 

We're definitely ready for more outside days though!! Hopefully the weather turns and the sun comes out!

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...