Sunday, March 20, 2016

keaton's first easter egg hunt

Yesterday Keaton went to his very first Easter egg hunt!

He's not quite 2, so still a little young, but I thought it would be fun to get out for the morning and give it a try :) 

My church puts together a great egg hunt every year. I've volunteered in the past and was super excited to have Keaton participate this year! Penn participated by riding along on me :) He loved watching the other kids, but didn't make it in many pictures.

They start with a short message about the true meaning of Easter and then send the kids to their spot. My friend, Jess, did amazing job delivering that message! 

Here's K just hanging out before the fun...
After the message we all headed outside where there were about 200 eggs scattered hidden in an enclosed playground. It was nice they split up the age groups so none of these little guys got trampled ;)

I love how Keaton and his buddy Carson are the only ones paying attention to the instructions - haha And notice the Mom at the top giving a thumbs up? I love it!!!
So the gate opened and all the kids ran in...except Keaton. He just stood there. And stood there. And stood there. And then I pushed him in.
 He took about 5 steps in and stood there. And stood there. And stood there. And then I just went in and helped him put ONE egg in his basket :) 
That was all he needed I guess, because the rest of the time he spent running in and around this school house! Ha!
He actually just played until every single other kid left the playground and he had it all to himself :)  
I figured he wouldn't really get any eggs...but it was still so much fun! Ryan had to work so he wasn't able to be with us. Don't worry - I gave him all the details :)

 Next year I'm sure Keaton will be filling his basket AND Penn's! Here's my other little man and I before we got ready to head out. He had the time of his life and can't wait to get in on the action next year!!
 

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...