Monday, February 1, 2016

the big snow

We had our first snow of the season last weekend and it was a biggie!

I'll admit, I was a little excited to get snowed in with my guys :) Ryan didn't have to work {hallelujah!!} so I knew we'd all be home together. 

It started to snow Friday night and didn't stop for the next 24 hours!

Needless to say we woke up on Saturday morning to a beautiful white winter wonderland.
I got Keaton bundled and out as soon as Penn went down for his morning nap. Ryan wanted to get a jump start on the shoveling, so he had already been out. Little dog won't touch the white stuff, so we needed a spot cleared for him first thing. haha

Keaton, can you move your arms?? 
Ok, perfect :)

We had a little glove issue, so K wore some of mine. He didn't want to wear any at first, but once that snow touched his fingers he was all about getting them covered up.
It was a lot of snow for a little boy, but he wasn't afraid! Off to help Dad shovel! 
Also known as get as close as possible and stand right in the way. ha!
Ryan made K a little path around the driveway so he had somewhere to go while he was shoveling :) 
Can't have all work and no play!
As soon as Penn woke up I got him super bundled and took him out for his first snow adventure!

It was pretty windy so we didn't last long. I tried to get a pic with my 2 boys, but K was pretty hungry and over the cold by this point.  
There's Mr. Grump headed straight inside.
After about 30 mins of getting undressed, something to eat, drinks, crying, and snuggled the post snow exhaustion slump kicked in. At least for K...
He was beat. 
Which I considered a huge success! :) 

Everyone took long naps in the afternoon while Ryan and I continued to shovel. Between Saturday and Sunday we probably shoveled for at least 6 hours...it was a lot of snow, but good exercise!

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...