Saturday, February 28, 2015

keaton's new room

As we prepare to have a new little one join our family {who knows when!}, one of the things I absolutely wanted to have done was Keaton's new room.

Yep, we moved him down the hall! 
We always intended the nursery to stay a nursery and in order for that to happen Keaton got a new room!

It's not his "big boy" room, because he's still a little guy, but it is his new space!

I know a lot will be changing for him and wanted him to feel cozy and settled in before another baby came into the house. So far the transition has been super smooth - he's sleeping just the same and fascinated {as always} with the ceiling fan :)

You'll see some things that came with him from his nursery, some items that are new, and some items {like a chair!} that aren't in yet :) We're using the glider for right now, but once his chair comes in we'll switch it out! The color scheme is pretty much the same : navy, aqua, and gray!

Welcome to Keaton's NEW room! 
Kinda like deja vu, right? ;-) Ha!
My favorite has got to be this book shelf! My Mom got this for the nursery, but it didn't fit quite right, so we saved it for another space and this worked out perfectly!
Keaton LOVES to listen to stories and look at books so it's awesome to have a lot right at his eye level. We also keep a stash in the nightstand :)
 Trying to climb it is pretty fun too ;0)
 
The stripe was added for a little variety and then looked pretty plain, so I cut this verse in vinyl with my silhouette and voila! I hope that Keaton tucks this deep in his little mind - God is always with us!

And can I just add that I taped & painted the stripe all by myself. People this is HUGE! I hate painting and am the drip master, so this was a pretty big deal.

I think even Ryan was impressed. hahaha 
The dresser is the same as in the nursery, but a darker color. I added the numbers with more vinyl to spruce it up a bit! I wasn't sure about the dark wood, but think it will be great for a boys room!

I just love how it all turned out! 

With Ryan painting and assembling the dresser and nightstand it was a family affair - even Phinley helped. Kind of.
Can't wait to make memories with Keaton in this space :) :)!

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...