Friday, October 31, 2014

the time we didn't have our fridge for a month

We're currently fridge-less.

It started a few weeks ago when I noticed the ice cream in our drawer freezer wasn't super hard.

Then the next day it got softer and then one night it was ice cream soup! 

Ryan was at youth group, so I texted him to check it when he got home and within 10 minutes of coming in, he was hauling all our freezer goods downstairs to our stand alone.

The next day.....the fridge went too. 

Ryan took a look at it and thought it was the compressor {basically the heart of the fridge}, which
THANKFULLY is still under warranty. Our fridge is only 3 years old!!

Normally, Ryan takes care of any appliance issues, but he was working and I really enjoy having cold food, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and called LG.

Oh my. That was a true test of my patience and sanity. 

Long story short, the repair guy has been to our house 3x and is due back next week to do the final repair {we have a freon leak}. I'll believe it when I pull a cold beverage out of my fridge and ice cream from the freezer.

In the meantime, we're using Ryan's mini fridge from college and a cooler that stays on our back deck.
 HAHAHAHA

It's not ideal and every.single.time. I go outside to pull something out of the cooler I feel like I'm camping. Thank goodness for cooler temps! We've only had to buy ice 3x :)
Honestly, it could be worse. Like when our washer belt broke and I couldn't do wash for a week. That was baaaaad

It's a mixed blessing really -- we had some pretty old condiments that needed pitched and a lot of freezer meals in our big freeze that we've been eating up!

But seriously. Three weeks without a fridge is kinda a long time. 

Needless to say, a cold drink never sounded so good {mini fridge & cooler space is limited - no drinks allowed}. 

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...