Saturday, August 24, 2013

california adventure: muir woods

They will be like a tree planted by the water 
that sends out its roots by the stream. 
It does not fear when heat comes; 
it's leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought 
and never fails to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17:8

Hands down, my favorite California Adventure was when we went to Muir Woods.

It was a little drive from Jess' sister's apartment, but SO worth it! I would suggest if anyone is in the San Francisco area....GO to Muir Woods to see the magnificent red woods! 

On the drive we passed by an amazing look out and had to stop! You wouldn't know by this picture, but there's a beautiful bay in the background.
A little better here {but not really}  ;-)
When we got to Muir Woods it was pretty crowded, but we found parking and it only cost $7 to get into the official park. I love doing active things on vacation, so this was a perfect afternoon of hiking and moving, but not getting super sweaty and out of breath! 
The trees were PHENOMENAL! I was so in awe of God's creation! More recently, I've really felt God's presence and power through nature. I didn't have any major "ah ha" moments, but it was a simple reassurance that God is amazing, powerful, and in every detail of this earth. 

Jess fit inside the tree! Ahhh!  
And me too! 
{Funny story: after Jess took my picture someone waiting in line to get their picture asked if they wanted us to take a pic of both of us in the tree. I hate attention and everyone watching while I get my picture taken so I said "nooo that's okay!" before Jess could say anything and the kind stranger replied "yeah, I don't like my friends either." Bahaha! Sorry Jess!}

 There were several trails you could chose to hike through the park - we did one that was around 2 miles. Started on the hillside and moved down to the ground level. Going up on the hillside was really neat - gave a different perspective. 

I only felt like I was going to slip, fall, and die once or twice. :)
 See the little people down there? 
 

The rest of the pictures I'll leave caption free - there really aren't words to describe the beauty of the woods. 

 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...