Monday, May 7, 2012

broad street run

Ryan and I had a whirlwind of a weekend. Awesome, but exhausting! We need a weekend to recover from the weekend. Anyone else? 

Sunday morning was the Philadelphia Broad Street run, so Saturday morning we headed to Philly to pick up my packet and meet my Dad who traveled up from NC to run the race! 

We had dinner with my extended family and then rested up for the big run on Sunday.

The broad street run is ridiculous. It's 10 miles with over 30,000 people running -- that's so.many.people.

My Dad and I before the race. 


It was freezing that morning, so I sported a big ol' fleece that Dad let me borrow!


Just a few people gathering in my heat -- we're not near crowded yet.


When I waited in my heat for 45mins for the run to start I was freezing!! I wasted so much energy shivering and trying to keep my teeth from chattering I'm surprised I could run at all!


Where's Waldo? Where's......Erin?!? Can you spot me?


And RUN! Finally! 

We got to Broad Street around 7am and the race started at 8:30 {my heat around 9!}. 


I finished just a few minutes under my goal time -- 1:27mins! That's a 8:44 pace...not bad for me! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Great job! Maybe I'll start running some day...maybe not. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...