Sunday, March 4, 2012

menu board

One of the most satisfying things is pining an idea on Pinterest and then actually DOING IT!

HA! 

I don't mind cooking throughout the week, but I hate to drag out all my cookbooks, recipes, etc and figure out what to make -- for me that's the worst part! I always draw a blank!! 

When I spotted this menu board on Pinterst I knew that it was definitely worth a try!

What you'll need:
1- 8x11 picture frame
2 - large pieces of scrapbook paper for background
1 - piece of ribbon 
2-3 pieces of coordinating scrapbook paper for clothespins and boxes
2- 16ct crayon boxes
7 - clothespins 
Multiple pieces of card stock to print recipes 
Hot glue gun 

Because it was going in our kitchen and would be very visible, I spent a lot of time picking out the colors and combination of paper that I wanted to use.  It definitely needed to match the kitchen and look good as a separate piece...if that makes sense!

I won't give you step by step directions -- there are great ones on the site I linked up above!! 

Here's mine :) 


Getting it started...


Finished product! 


It took some time, but was SO easy! This pictured gives you an idea of how wide it is. 



I used it for the first time this weekend! It's amazing!!

I had my hubby pick out the meal cards and then I flipped them over and wrote down all the items I needed from the grocery store -- I listed the items for each meal on the back so I would know what I needed without having to drag out those cookbooks ;0)

I can envision our kids one day each having a chance to chose "their" meal from the cards!

1 comment:

Kelsey Winter said...

Very nice! I've got this pinned to one of my boards as well and hope to make it in the near future. Your beautiful work has only inspired me more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...