Tuesday, August 23, 2011

summer goal #3

So far "summer" is looking pretty promising.

Yesterday and today I completed #3 on my list of summer goals -- make a yellow pillow!

It wasn't easy. After at least an 1hr and a half of trying to get the bobbin into my Mom's old sewing machine I finally got the thing working. I ended up calling my sister for help and watching at least a dozen You Tube videos on how to do it! I may or may not have cried.

At least I know how to use it now!!

Since my first yellow pillow was such a success, I decided to just keep the machine hot and whip out a few gray pillow covers. The large pillow in this picture is actually very red...bwhaha...not any more!!

Not sure how I want to use all the pillows yet....getting there....

Okay -- I think we're set!

The fabric I really really like is very $$ so I opted for the less, still nice variety this time. I thought that since I've never sewn anything before it might be smart to go cheap just in case I mess up!

I'm very proud of them....just don't look too close at the bottom seam :0)

1 comment:

Karen said...

You and your sister need to teach me how to sew! She has awesome shirts on her blog and you have awesome pillows on yours! A sewing weekend may need to happen ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...