Tuesday, May 10, 2011

monkey business

Someone special celebrated their first birthday this weekend!

Jess is an amazing party planner and host! Elias had a Sock Monkey themed party and it was a hit!

When I first got there his Pop {his Dad's Dad} was holding him and when I went to see what was on his shirt he lunged for me to hold him! What a sweet host -- making me feel so welcome :0)

He had a lot of guests to entertain!

And when you have a lot of guests you usually have a lot of....presents :0)

And lots of yummy food for everyone! Luckily we only ate a light lunch 0:-) Bring on the homemade cinnamon and sugar pita chips!!

My favorite, though, was the candy bar!! Jess had all kinds of red and brown candy to fill in these neat mini take-out boxes.

We had a 2hr car ride after the party, so I made sure to pack mine full :0D

Elias did amazing! He skipped his nap and even though he got a little groggy while opening his presents he stayed strong, stayed positive, and made it through to the end!

I wish I could say the same about some of his very sleep guests.... :0)

Next time we'll get Super Bubble Blowing Spiderman after him!!

It was such a fun afternoon! Celebrating a little ones birthday is one of my favorite things to do! Getting through your first year of life really is a pretty big deal!

1 comment:

Emily & Drew said...

How fun! I can't believe he's 1 already. I love the Sock Monkey idea - great job, Jess! (you can pass that along for me, ha!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...