Monday, April 25, 2011

make our house monday: week 6

Welcome to Make Our House Monday: Week 6

No more leaks -- we have a roof!

It's been so rainy here the last week, but that hasn't slowed them down too much! Still on schedule {I think!}.

Walking through was pretty exciting this time because the floors were dry and I could really see the layout. It's so hard to know what is what when you're looking through walls and into other rooms.

We have a roof and porch -- nice :0D

This is the view when you walk into the mudroom from the garage. Straight ahead is the powder room. The first doorway to the left is the dining room and to the right is kitchen.

Entrance/foyer. This is what you see when you first walk in. I like how the stairs are on the side -- it gives more space for family, guests, and whoever might stop by to gather.

View from powder room. You're looking down the hallway back toward the mudroom and up the stairs {obviously!!}

Kitchen from family room. Those walls are the island.

Family room view from kitchen -- I switched sides. I love the hearth...it's going to be our go to spot for holiday pictures. Can you see it? Roaring fire, stockings, and little ones all lined up! Ahh...so fun to think about!

Breakfast nook :0D Nice and bright, it screams "good morning!"

This is one of my favorite rooms...laundry! It will have a laundry tub and a door...to close when it's gross and piled to the ceiling with clothes!!

The fourth bedroom {aka my parents room when they visit} has the best view. There is a creek down there, but it's hard to see!
I think this might become one of my favorite spots. It's designed to be a homework nook, but until we can fund a built in desk we're going to put a cozy chair and some books there. I don't read much, but feeling the warmth of the sun while I'm talking on the phone will be just great! I also like the fact that if all the bedroom doors are shut we'll still have a window to let light in the hallway!

It's coming along. Soon the pictures won't seem so dramatic. Once they get the drywall up it will be boring...the changes will be so small no one will notice! I'll keep posting though :0D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...