Monday, March 7, 2011

weekend review

My lovely husband spent Friday night --> Saturday late afternoon with our church's youth group doing the 30 hour famine. He didn't eat. He didn't sleep. And he played tons of dodge ball which resulted in a very sore body and bruised knees.

I, on the other hand, had a weekend that looked {and felt} quite a bit different.

Friday night, I had dinner with my friend Jess at Isaac's! I had been craving their Twisted Chicken {grilled chxn, tomato, spinach, and cheese on a pretzel roll!} so it was perfect!

Then we watched The Money Pitt. It's old, ridiculous, and makes me laugh until my eyes water. It had been years since I'd seen it...I didn't get to watch the end, but saw all the really funny parts!

After Jess', I hurried home to meet my sister for a short sleep over. She was on her way to NJ for a bridal shower and stopped in for the night. It was fun! We stayed up really late {11pm!} and talked :0)

The next day I drove her over to our house site and she listened to me ramble on and on about our new home and all the choices we had to make! It was a gross rainy day, so she didn't get to see much! However, she is the first family member to see where we'll be living....in person!

After omelets and coffee at a local diner, she headed out and I got the house ready for 3 showings that afternoon!

Little Dog and I both had to be out of the house for about 3hrs on Saturday afternoon so we went grocery shopping, walking at a new found local walking/biking path, and looking at one another in the car. I was a little hesitant about having him in the car that long, but we did it! He was great!

Saturday night, the youth celebrated their accomplishment of the 30hr famine with a spaghetti dinner for the church. I think I ate as much as Ryan and all the kids {and I ate meals and snacks!!}, but it was SO good!!

Fun FUN weekend!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I had so much fun seeing you! Glad Phin was a good dog on Saturday. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...