Wednesday, December 8, 2010

it's beginning to feel like Christmas

I decorated our house for Christmas before we left to travel for Thanksgiving. I knew that when we got back I would be tired, busy and didn't want decorating to become a hassle/headache!

We opted not to get a real tree this year...it just made the most sense for us. Ryan and I both like a real tree, but we weren't going to be around all that much and I didn't want to pay to have something we weren't really going to enjoy! I do have a mini one we set up instead :0)

Without further ado, here are a few of our decorations....

This centerpiece is new this year! I love it!


We truly are SO blessed! Last year at this time Ryan was working 12hr days, 7 days a week for the entire month {except Christmas day}. It was a very hard time for both of us. I didn't feel like I had my best friend around for one of the most fun, special, and important times of the year! It will definitely be a Christmas we never forget! This year has been much better!!

Our little tree 0:-) I put it in the foyer so people outside could enjoy it too!

When I was visiting my Mom in NC, she took me to visit one of her friends who creates and sells amazing floral/basket/wreath arrangements! Her house was gorgeous and completely covered in over the top arrangements that she pieced together!

They really know how to decorate in the south!

As a special treat my Mom told me to chose anything I wanted -- wow!

She actually picked out this basket for me and I think it looks great on our coffee table!

I especially love the small bird in the middle. It's fancy and adds that Christmas POP in our living room! Thanks, Mom!

Each Christmas Ryan's mom, Lynn, has been getting me pieces of the Willow Tree Nativity.

My collection has certainly grown! My favorite is the stars {and camel} :0D

And, of course, we have holiday scented candles and plug-ins all throughout our house! It can't just look like Christmas, it needs to smell like it too!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...