Friday, October 22, 2010

is it dark in here?

Yes.

And that's just the way we want it!

After Ryan's last run of night shift, he decided that we needed to get black out blinds for our master bedroom. It's hard enough to sleep during the middle of the day, let alone with light filtering in all over the place!

It wasn't easy, but I did finally find some! Buying curtains is like my very least favorite home decorative thing to buy. It's impossible for me to know what color/texture/design/print to buy that will look good with the rest of the room and not cost a fortune {do you know how expensive curtains are??}

I think I found the perfect ones. Not too dark, not too expensive, and a subtle design to make them a bit more fancy than just plain.

Here's one of the windows before. I can't believe I let them so plain for so long!

One done, one to go. Whatcha think??

There was a day between when the first and second curtain was hung. I almost died from the mini-mess and lack of uniformity. I hate a project half finished!

Our bedroom is a bit of a mess and they aren't perfect, but I think I love them :0)

They just add so much more to the room!



Two years later it finally feels finished!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love them! Curtains really do finish off a room - even if they are expensive and frustrating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...