Thursday, July 8, 2010

new kitchen rugs

Over the fourth of July weekend my parents came up for a visit! Actually, my Dad came up to use a Christmas present my sister's and I bought for him this year -- tickets to a Phillies game!!

The game was Monday night, so all day Monday they {my Dad and Ryan} were in the Philly area playing golf and watching baseball, while my Mom and I were shopping in Lancaster :0)

Our house doesn't have a super crafty or primitive theme, but when I spotted these rugs at one of the craft stores I was in love!

We used to have plan square/rectangular ones in the kitchen, but these just seemed to have a little more character!

I love braided rugs because they have so many colors and these just happened to be all the colors in our downstairs living room area -- when you have an open floor plan you have to think about the whole space when you're buying stuff.

Even though I love the open space, it's slightly annoying to be limited in what I buy to decorate!

Since we just finished the spare bedroom {my parents had rave reviews about the new mattress...score!} I think we're pretty much done for a while! I can always think of something I might want to change or replace, but for right now I'm just going to enjoy all the many things we've been blessed with!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love them!

Stephanie said...

Mmmm...I ADORE braided rugs! Lovely! :) :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...