Thursday, July 1, 2010

let the training begin

Remember the running blog I started?

Well, that is going straight down the toilet because I don't have time to blog in 2 places and nothing interesting at all has come out of the runs I've been doing recently! So it was getting a little boring to write and, I'm sure, read.

So you'll just have to endure my occasional posts about running :0)

I'm starting to run a bit more outside to get used the to the hills and heat again. Man, it's hard! I'm doing a 5.5 stretch tomorrow morning, which I hope to finish since I did 5 last week without too much trouble!

HOLD IT!!

I started this post last night and just up and walked away from the computer. I tend to get distracted easily :0) Well...I'm back.

I did run over 5 miles this morning and it felt GREAT!

The weather was absolutely perfect!! It was around 60 with a cool breeze and a lot of the road was shaded, which made it really cool. When I got home I took a deep breath, drink of water, and then cleaned our entire house -- I wasn't really tired at all! HA! That's good! I should have just kept running, but I didn't want to injury myself.

A few hours later I was dragging pretty bad, but it was more my mind {most likely from not having caffeine this morning!}

I tackled the 2 big hills I ran last week and they felt a teeny tiny bit easier today -- there's hope! I still can't believe last summer I was running 8 miles mid-week and 12-17 miles every weekend! Was I crazy or what??

I decided to run TWO half marathons this fall! Well....93% sure.

The Harrisburg Half on Sept. 12th and Hershey Half on Oct. 3rd. Hershey's website is so fancy -- for their first annual race! Check it out! Everything in Hershey is extra nice, so I'm not surprised.

I'm only 93% sure because I need to go drive the route and see how hilly it is. I'm not sure I'll be able to muster up the strength just a few shorts weeks after Harrisburg to tackle any big hills.

Let the training begin! Who knows....maybe by the time Ryan and I have time to hit the beach I'll be bathing suit ready. I've had this intense sweet tooth for a few weeks to many and I think it's starting to show. I can't help that I LOVE sugar and HATE moderation!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...