Friday, August 14, 2009

Baby Shower, Pinky Toe, and Marathon Training

Ryan and I have been busy busy!

Vacationing in Ocean City was great, but as soon as we got back we got reorganized so we could go to the Cowell Family reunion the very next morning (like early the next morning).

The turnover was quick, but so worth it! It wouldn't have been a big deal to head to the reunion, but when we were there my sister, Jennifer, and I had planned to through my other sister, Emily (I know.....so many sisters!), a baby shower!! So I had to make sure all those things made it into our car!

It was an awesome day! We don't see my extended family too much throughout the year, so it was good to catch up with everyone! It was the first time we have all been together in a long time!
Can you see Ryan?? He's like Where's Waldo, but Where's Ryan? haha :0)
One of the clear highlights of the weekend was Emily's Baby shower! You can read all about it on her blog :0) She has lots of pictures too!
We did a lot of eating at the reunion. My Aunt Beth and Uncle Steve did a great job hosting, cooking, and clearly lots of planning!

See...more eating :) My favorites were the doritos and cheese puffs. Yuummm...artificial cheese!

Ok...now from cheese to toes!

If you've ever trained to run an event, you know that it's important to be smart about the activities you do so you don't hurt yourself! I've always been a little more cautious, but since I started training for the marathon I'm borderline paranoid. It's too much work to get hurt!

As you can imagine, I was devistated when I stubbed my pinky toe.

Now, I'm no wuss. This wasn't an ordinary stubb. I was walking through a parking lot and nailed my pinky toe on one of those cement parking lot barrier things. It immediately started bleeding and throbbing. It was ridiculous.

Any other day this wouldn't have been a big deal, but I was suppose to run 7 miles the following morning....with a bum bleeding toe?!? Ryan thought it might have actually needed a stitch or two.

Did you think that would stop me? Yeah, right. I ran my scheduled 7 - just on the inside of my foot (where a nice blister has started) and will continue to do so until the rotten thing has healed.

Can you believe it? I've been so careful and then on a casual stroll I got hurt!

It might not look big, but it was painful and deep. Gross.

This is how it looked all through the day. Stupid toe.
My training is going well. I'm up to 14miles on the long run and will quickly be moving beyond that into 16, 18, & 20. Oh dear.
I've been feeling pretty good except a sore right lower leg.
Check out this site for ways you can help me make it. Your donations give me motivation! I'll write more about that later :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...