Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Easy Ribbon Picture Project

I never know what to do with Christmas picture cards that family and friends send me over the holidays. This year I cut out the picture portion and threw the other part away. I couldn't bear to throw away the picture part too!

Well, when I was cleaning up my desk area this morning I discovered those pictures and had no idea what to do with them. A person can only frame so many pictures....so, I came up with this easy, simple, fast way of getting them up for everyday enjoyment!

You need: 1 long piece of ribbon, hole punch (mine was heart shaped), scissors
I simply punched holes on the top and bottom of each picture....
so the ribbon could be "sewn" through. Then tacked the ribbon on the wall with a thumb tack. I actually tied a little slip knot and hung the ribbon on the tack. All the pictures stay in place very well and don't take up a ton of space. I'm always looking for things to hang on the wall, so this was perfect for my situation!

Here is the finished product. I left some ribbon at the bottom to hang more pictures if I find some! I may get another, smaller, piece of ribbon to hang next to this one so it's like a pair. I'm sure you could jazz this up a lot, but I didn't want to spend a ton of time on it and in 5mins I think it looks pretty good :)
This isn't a genius craft project, but I was proud of myself for looking around our office, thinking and executing the idea in less than 10mins...seriously! haha

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...