Saturday, February 21, 2009

And they're out!

At noon, yesterday, I got my wisdom teeth taken out.

It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be, but still not a pleasant experience. I have a hard time just laying around, unless I'm really out of sorts or feel nauseas, so around 2:30 when Ryan ran out to get me some more necessities (spiral mac & cheese from a box) I thought I'd throw in a load of laundry and call my mom. I was good through the laundry part and met my goal of making it down the stairs without bumping into any of the walls...I was still a little out of it from the anesthesia...then I called my Mom. I appreciated hearing her upbeat voice as I zoned out on the t.v., but by the end of our conversation I was ready to lay back down.

When Ryan got home he opened a package that was delivered when he was away (oh yeah, I went outside to pick up the package and wave to the delivery women...while on the phone with my mom with packs in my mouth) and proceeded to take excellent care of me :) He's the best.

A few minutes later the nausea set in. This was the worst part.

Ryan was sure that it was because I hadn't eaten most of the day and offered to make a multitude of smooth, easy-to-go-down foods. Honestly, though, who wants to eat when you feel like you're going to be sick. However, I was pretty sure he was right and forced something down. After each bite I looked at him with sadness and puppy eyes hoping he would tell me I could stop, but he didn't!

Roughly an hour later it was out of my system. Gross.

I felt like I had the flu; body aches, nauseousness, slight headache, etc.

Anyways...today I feel much better! I finished the laundry I started and aim to get our grocery shopping done! As the morning progresses I'm feeling more pain and slowing slightly, but I cannot cannot cannot lay around for another day. It goes against everything in my body. I'm not opposed to a rest here and there, or watch t.v. for a while, but to get nothing done is out of the question!

My ultimate goal is to go to see the movie Fireproof that our church is showing tonight! Let's hope I can handle it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...