Sunday, October 19, 2008

Vegetable Soup & Apple Pie

Yesterday was a perfect autumn day for cooking and baking! I started with the veggie soup. I was warned ahead of time that the recipe makes a lot, so I was prepared with a big pot and lots of Tupperware! I think it went pretty well, considering it was my first try at it. I did have to get some second opinions about a grease situation, but in the end it worked out fine and the soup was delicious!
The finished product looked pretty good to me!

After I got the soup cooking, cleaned the whole house, and worked out, I made the apple pie! I didn't realize how much work was involved in peeling and cutting all those apples! It took forever, but was well worth it :) Ryan got some shots of me hard at work right before I put it in the oven.

Mixing the sugar and apples!

Filling up the pie crust.

Heaping full of apples!

Time for chunks of butter! haha

Time to bake. Notice the lattice top...I did my best with the little crust I had left :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...