Friday, October 20, 2017

fall trip to NC

The boys and I got back last week from another trip to visit my parents in NC!

Keaton and Penn were awesome the entire drive...like rock star children. We stopped ONE time for lunch and a bathroom break and that was it!! It was quick, easy, and one of the best trips down that I've had. I'd like to think I did something awesome as a parent to have outcomes like this, but I'm pretty sure it was the DVD player and ring pops.
Rain was in the forecast for every.single.day. we were there except one, so we didn't waste any time on our nice day and headed to one of the boys' favorite places - Pullen Park 😊 
Penn loved the slide and Keaton loved the train, carousel, and boat rides.

 Breakfast at Grammy and Pop Pops...with the look on Penn's face Pop Pop is up to no good 😉
 We went out a lot, but stayed in too. Sunday afternoon Penn was just out of sorts, so we took it easy and stayed at home. Keaton iced his foot...
And then we/I put together this train set. I found it on craigslist and saved it as a surprise for the boys. I thought it would be fun for them to have something new to play with....Keaton LOVED it! He played with it for h.o.u.r.s. {while Pop Pop slept}.
We just loved the change in routine!



And of course our usual trip to Marbles {where I'm 99% sure I got a stomach bug that hit me the day before we left!!} 


The stomach bug was my big finish to the week, but before that my Mom and I got to do a little shopping and take Keaton to Build A Bear {where I cried because it was SO cute!}.


The boys were just as good riding home as when we drove down. Again, ROCK STARS! The most exciting thing that happened was when Penn laid on the bathroom floor in McDonalds and said hi to the woman in the stall next to us. He's a mess. It was 20 degrees colder in PA too!

We love our trips south! Always a little crazy, but always worth it 😀 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...