Friday, October 25, 2013

apple picking with my buddies

Soooo....a few weeks ago my best buddies and I went apple & pumpkin picking :) 

We went to a place called Gray's Apple Ridge Orchard fairly close to our house and it didn't disappoint. We usually travel somewhere else, but wanted to stay close to home. It wasn't crowded and they had a beautiful walking path! 

I wouldn't have minded a little better apple selection {the place was a little small}, but it had all the apples we needed :) And Phinley was welcome!

Ryan & I on the walking path.
Phinley LOVED to sniff every single apple on the ground and bark at the cows - it was the best afternoon of his whole life.
 I picked most of the apples {I can spot a good apple a mile away} and the man of the house cut and carried the pumpkins. Phinley supervised.
 Why hello strong pumpkin carrying man ;0)
I wanted to get apples for the sole purpose of making an apple pie and cobbler. I got the apple pie made, but ran out of steam for the cobbler.

It was really a pie miracle because I had 2 frozen crusts in my freezer from....last year?? which in my opinion was AMAZING. Ha! I was so excited about finding those things!

I would have taken a picture of the pie, but we were too busy stuffing our faces with it - sorry. We continued this for the next 6 days until I said "ahhh...no more pie" and threw the last slice away. If you want a visual, it looked like an amateur pie with a messed up crust. It also spilled over onto the bottom of the oven, which caused lots of smoke and excitement the following day when I made dinner for our friends. 

This is my 5th year making an apple pie, obviously, I've learned a lot over the years.

We bought a bunch of pumpkins too! This one Ryan carved wasn't from the orchard, but it goes with today's theme! I laugh every time I look at it. 

In case you couldn't tell which one it was - I labeled it ;0) 
 photo erinsignatureaqua_web1_zps89bdee36.png

1 comment:

whitney said...

Hello. I saw I was getting a bit of traffic from your blog- I hope you don't mind I read through a bit of yours. :) Congratulations on the sweet miracle you're expecting- that is beyond exciting! God is amazing. Have a happy weekend! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...