Wednesday, May 8, 2013

adopting a new idea

It's been an interesting month.

I feel kinda like I'm numb from all our decisions and try not to think about it all too much. It's easier to blaze forward and not think of what I'm leaving behind. But, really, that's not helpful for growth or healing.

Acceptance is the big thing we're working on right now.

Accepting what we've had to let go {broken dreams are never easy to release}.
Accepting our new future.
Accepting why we were chosen for this path and the pain that accompanies the first few steps.

I'm a firm believer in learning and growing from the difficulties we face. Sometimes that's hard to do, but this time it's been a piece of cake. I can honestly say this has changed me. And I'm sure the next thing I face will change me again. And I'll just keep changing.

Last week our small group prayed over us. It was unexpected and so heartfelt. I cry now thinking about how much they care for us and showed us in that way. And I know, know, know that your prayers have changed me.

Thank you.

SO! We're moving forward with our plans to adopt. Some initial forms have been filled out and we're going to an informational meeting this week! We've decided to go with a domestic infant adoption, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if those plans completely changed :) His plans are better than ours...right??

My heart is still getting ready for this new kind of lovin' and I've been thinking a lot about our future little one. I'm guarding my heart from details and have been trying to focus on the supreme love and happiness that we'll feel and share with our families one day....rather than the shape of their precious little nose or color of their eyes. It's very easy for me to get caught up in the dreamy details!

Any new Mom wants to know what her little one will look like and I consider all my desires very normal :)

No doubt, I'll be updating throughout the process. Planning on a lot more positive posts from here on out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...