Monday, March 26, 2012

Landscaping

I'm a self proclaimed black thumb. I have nothing to brag about when it comes to gardening. Frankly, I don't like being dirty and am TERRIFIED a nasty bug will jump out at me when I'm digging around in the dirt.

Gah! Can't even think about it!

Since we've moved a lot has changed, most recently my gardening skills. Well, okay, maybe not gardening, but certainly working out in the dirt.

I had this great idea in the fall to plant 100 flower bulbs. My neighbor was planting some and suggested I get a few in the ground to enjoy this spring.

Who equates a "few" to 100? Oh! Pick me! Pick me!

It's been really warm here recently and most of them started popping up, which made Ryan and I a little anxious to add some landscaping to our front yard {we're tearing up the back in a few weeks..stay tuned}.

It was so.much.work. It didn't help that our yard is pretty much solid rock....

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on solid rock." Matthew 7:24

We take things very literal sometimes :)

After hours and hours of digging, hauling, and planting on Sunday we were finally finished....and mighty proud I might add!

Here are some before...



Before - hard to really see much of the front, but you get the idea



Afters - isn't that morning sky AMAZING!?!



Can you see all my flowers blooming in the front?


The forsythia is my favorite :)


Landscaping is a HUGE job! You don't appreciate a full grown tree until you plant a little tiny one and see it covers no space! haha!

We're getting there! I say we have a pretty good start :)

 

2 comments:

Kelsey Winter said...

It looks great! And I love the forsythia too. They're always the first sign that spring is on the way.

Emily said...

It looks so great Erin! Landscaping intimidates me big time. You guys look like experts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...