Friday, August 20, 2010

cleaning up and throwing out

The briefcases full of beauty products I saw being toted into summer day camp {and there was more than one} inspired me to tackle my personal supply at home.

I've gone through my make-up several times, but have just hung on to the old for some reason. Guess I just never knew when I'd need some cheap bright pink blush!

I have great bins and drawer units for storing and stashing, but had completely forgotten what was in them!

To my surprise, I had lots of great stuff.

And lots of crappy stuff.

I found hair ties that were yellow, black, brown, white -- all the colors of my hair over the last 2 years. It was a little eye opening.

I also found an amazing bin full of trial/travel size items that my dear friend, Jess, gave to me as a part of a bride survival kit. Which, by the way, was one of the best gifts I've ever gotten.

She filled packed to the brim 3 cosmetic bags with everything and anything you could possibly imagine! I still use most of the items as my go to items...I've been saved by the contents of those bags on more than one occasion! Thanks Jess!

Anyways....after sorting and throwing and throwing and throwing, I got my supply and back-ups down to a very reasonable amount.

No more thick sticky nail polish or bright pink blush for me! I even threw away the bright red lipstick, which I'm now thinking I might regret.

Everything is organized & labeled {my heart goes pitter patter}.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...